5. We believe that to create a truly high performance organisation, an organisation requires leaders at all levels who are able to:
- Understand and recognise both the direction of their industry and the direction of their company
- Make sense of these events – what is going on? What does it mean?What are the options available?
- Choose a direction – what do we need to do, and when?
- Make decisions
- Align and mobilise others – getting people moving
- Inspire and encourage – generating confidence and energy
Leadership is the key factor in producing high performance at both the organisational and local level. Research clearly indicates that the most common reason given for CEO/Board replacement is the failure to mobilise the organisation behind the strategic intent.